The main objective of the Forum is to enable high-level commitment by governments of CARICOM to the strengthening of the national statistical systems as a key means of sustaining the development and availability of timely, high-quality and relevant statistics for decision-making and the empowerment of citizens of CARICOM. Fundamentally it is envisaged that the availability of statistics will lead to good governance, accountability and improved standards of living of the peoples of the Community.
- To place statistics at the centre of the development agenda relative to investment by governments that can lead to the availability of better statistics to support national and regional policy responses and to improve decision-making;
- To strengthen the National Statistical Systems for the monitoring of the Post-2015 global development goals;
- To facilitate the availability of relevant, timely and high quality statistics to inform the strategic direction of countries and of the Community and to provide early warning signals on the economic, social and environmental challenges;
- Encourage countries of the Region to invest in and make use of the statistics produced; and
- To enable the production of a CARICOM Strategy for the Development of Statistics (CSDS) that can promote implementation of the common Regional Statistical Work Programme (RSWP) at the country level.